Monday, November 7, 2011

Welcome, Welcome!

Hello to all of you who have ventured onto my blog. If you are here, I am assuming that like me, you have an interest in Young Adult (YA) Literature. Well, let me tell you a bit more about who I am and what this blog is about.

I am a college student at Brigham Young University - Idaho. I am an English education major, and a journalism education minor. This blog is part of an assignment that I have for my news writing class. We were told to pick something that interests us and blog about it.

I have been interested in YA literature since I was a young adult/teen myself. However, I didn't really understand the importance of this section of literature until my sophomore year of college, when I took a class entitled (funnily enough) Young Adult Literature. In this class, we learned about the significance of good YA literature and how these novels can actually help teenagers navigate through the difficulties of adolescence. This stood out to me because I could see how the books I read as a teenager had definitely left an impression on me. I became more and more intrigued by YA literature, especially as a future educator. Since then, I've written a paper and an article about YA literature, and also read countless YA novels as well.

This blog is a way for me to communicate my love for YA literature and the news surrounding authors, publishers, and readers of YA literature. My hope for this blog is for people to realize that YA literature is more than fantasy novels and vampire stories. Some of these novels deal with the real life problems that teens face everyday, and sometimes reading about similar situations you face it head on.

No comments:

Post a Comment